A NOTE ON TED
TED is a registered trade mark of TED Conferences LLC. Westbridge Ed are in no way affiliated with or connected to TED. We are admirers of TED’s work, but in the same way as you might ‘learn to speak like Steve Jobs’, this programme focuses on taking the lessons learned from researching the finest TED talks and TED style talks and applying them to speakers who wish to communicate with power and authenticity.
We have relationships with various TEDx conferences, but this course won't actively help you to be selected to do a TED talk. TED has its own very specific criteria for selecting its speakers and this journey is your own to make. We would hope, however that this course will help you on the way by becoming a more confident, clear and inspiring speaker of English language.
We’re big fans of what TED has done to spread top-notch, intelligent and inspiring public speaking across the world and believe there is a lot to learn from the format that has been showcased by TED Talks. We share TED’s values of authenticity, unique insight and bringing positive benefit to the world through outstanding public speaking. Our contribution to this new and exciting movement is to offer people the chance to learn and benefit from this style of speaking and in turn to bring benefit to their clients, communities and industries.
NB- we don't show TED talks during the programme as that's against TED's terms of usage. That's why we'll ask you to review a set of 'classic' TED talks in advance of joining the course.
Notable Terms & Conditions
application of these terms
We value clear and transparent communication. These terms of business apply to all dealings between you (the client) and us. ‘Open Programmes’ are our training programmes that are open to the public. For corporate and in-house work, we provide a project proposal and our terms and conditions up front to help projects – and relationships - run smoothly once work begins. We also provide some products and services on or through the internet.
We will carry out work which is chargeable to you only (a) when you book on an Open Programme; or (b) when you purchase a product of service from us online; or (c) in accordance with a project proposal or service offering agreed between you and us, and/or as otherwise instructed by you.
performance or consultancy
We will use our best endeavours to fulfil your business requirements in accordance with the project proposal and/or instructions.
On payment of our invoices, you acquire a royalty-free, non- exclusive licence to use, for your own internal purposes only, the materials produced by us during the consultancy;
This licence does not include the right for you to authorise any other person or organisation (including associated companies or firms and subsidiaries) to use those materials;
This licence does not include the right (unless expressly agreed in writing by W.E. and www.westbridgeeducation.com Director on a case by case basis) to use those materials for training any other individual, writing any article or blog, or producing or contributing to any manual or any other published material.
1. Confidentiality: If you are participating in a public session you must refrain from disclosing any information that could be regarded as slanderous, libellous, breach of contract or breach of data protection rules on your part. You are not ‘off the record’ in any way in a public session.
2. Recording: We may record and monitor courses. We may publish the complete recordings or edited highlights. You agree that all property rights in public sessions belong exclusively to us.
3. Delegate substitution: Substitution of delegates is freely allowed, provided that each place on a programme may only be taken by one person for the duration of the whole programme.
4. Rescheduling, cancellation and variation: If the session does not run on the date/time advertised for any reason, we will offer an alternative session (from the list of available dates). We shall have the right to change the trainer(s)/coach(es) at our absolute discretion. If a venue is involved, we reserve the right to change the venue (within the same broad area).
5. Once you have booked on an Open Programme, your place is non- refundable. You may change the date of your participation, provided you give no less than two weeks prior notice for a one-day programme, or not less than one months’ notice for a programme of more than one day.
6. "W.E. Guarantee": If you complete and fully participate in one of our live, in-person Open Programmes (meaning you attend the whole of all session(s) and complete all the associated activities of the course) and you do not feel satisfied that the course fees matched the benefits you have received, we will offer you a refund for your course fees.
Further work on a project may be terminated at any time by either party, by notice in writing to the other party, without prejudice to the obligation to pay for all fees and expenses already incurred. Firm commitments entered into are to be honoured, whether for performance before or after actual termination date.
We will not be liable for failure to provide services where it is not reasonably practicable to do so due to circumstances beyond our control.
All contracts for the supply of goods or services by W.E. shall be governed by the laws of Russia and exclusively justiciable in the Russian courts.
All open programs, services/products will be specified in our quotation or proposal. Charges for additional time, and rechargeable expenses, will also be set out there. Fees are subject to VAT or other applicable sales taxes.
For project work, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the anticipated project cost is required to confirm the dates in our diary.
We may invoice unbilled fees and expenses in advance, or in stages as the project proceeds. Invoices are payable within 14 days. We shall be entitled to withhold and/or reschedule services while amounts payable to us are overdue.
We will treat all information received from you (except information published generally by you) as strictly confidential and will only use or disclose it as may be required in the performance of services.
Advice given and documentation drafted by us is designed to support and supplement and focus your efforts, and give you guidance and encouragement. But your engagement is essential to the results you will achieve, and although we are confident of our processes, the quality of our inputs, and are proud of our track record over the years, we cannot guarantee particular outcomes for you.
our trainers and coaches
We take a lot of time to select and train our trainers and coaches. We hope you are delighted with their work – please let us know so that we can pass on your comments. If you are not completely delighted, please let us know why not – you’ll help us improve our service, and we’ll be grateful.
Our trainers and coaches are under contract with us to work for you through W.E. only. If you want to book repeat or further work, please ask us and we’ll be delighted to assign them to your project. Do not ask them directly (as you would be encouraging them to break their contracts with us).
We aim to meet or exceed your expectations. If you have any complaint about our services, please apply in writing to us without delay.
exclusion and limitation of liability
1. Our fee rates are determined on the basis of the limits of liability set out in these Terms of Business. Before contracting for work to be done, you may request that we agree to a higher limit of liability (provided insurance cover can be obtained therefor), in which case our fee rates may be adjusted upwards.
2. Any personal liability of any of our directors, partners, employees, agents or sub-contractors arising in any way out of the performance or non- performance of the consultancy services is hereby expressly excluded.
3. We shall have no liability for any indirect or consequential losses or expenses suffered by you, however caused, including, but not limited to, loss of anticipated profits, goodwill, reputation, business receipts or contracts, or losses or expenses resulting from third party claims.
4. Subject to the terms of the next paragraph, our aggregate liability to you, whether for negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the cost of the provision of the services which gives rise to such liability in respect of any occurrence or series of occurrences.
5. Nothing in these Terms shall be interpreted as excluding or restricting any legal liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or sub-contractors.
We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue amounts at the rate of 2.22% per month (equivalent to our unauthorised overdraft rate from the bank). Subsequent payments will be applied to interest and finance charges first, and then applied to fees/costs outstanding.